Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer .
Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer
The Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer is designed to help instructors teach and students to understand the somewhat complex operation
of a typical hybrid vehicle drivetrain. Based on a typical Toyota Prius
hybrid vehicle, the trainer provides easy visualization of driveline component operation including:
- ICE (Internal Combustion Engine)
- MG1 (Motor/generator # 1)
- MG2 (Motor/generator # 2)
- Drive wheels
Advantages of Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer
- Clearly demonstrates the operation of ICE, MG1, MG2 and Drive wheels in all vehicle modes.
are required to be part of the driveline operation by turning hand
cranks or holding devices which increases their engagement and
provides a significant educational tool that clearly demonstrates the
complex operation of a hybrid drivetrain using a power split device.
- Makes all major hybrid drivetrain components clearly visible which are normally not accessible in the vehicle.
Technical Information of Hybrid Planetary Gear Set Trainer
- Dimensions: 22 x 22 x 9 in (55.9 x 55.9 x 22.8 cm) / 24 x 24 x 13 in (60.9 x 60.9 x 33 cm) (w/packaging)
- Weight: 45 lb (20.5 kg) / 53 lb (24.1 kg) (w/packaging)