Suspension Cable Demonstration .
Suspension Cable Demonstration
- For use with the Work Panel the kit allows several experiments with a suspension cable.
or teachers fit the magnetic parts of the kit to the Work Panel to
study or demonstrate the shapes and tensions in a suspension cable.
- The kit compares a suspension cable with a catenary cable and analyses results using catenary and parabolic theory.
includes a roller chain (the cable), held by magnetically mounted
sprocket pulleys and a set of weight hangers and weights. Spring
balances measure the tension in the cable.
versatility of the kit means that you can create symmetrical and
non-symmetrical cables, with point loads or with evenly-spread loads.
Experiments of Suspension Cable Demonstration
- Analysis using catenary and parabola theory
- Cable weight and tension
- Comparison of a symmetrical suspension cable and catenary
- Unsymmetrical suspension cable
- A point load on a suspension cable
Technical Operating Conditions
- For use in: Well lit classroom or laboratory
- Storage temperature range: –25°C to +55°C (when packed for transport)
- Operating temperature range: +5°C to +40°C
- Operating relative humidity range: 80% at temperatures < 31°C decreasing linearly to 50% at 40°C