DSB and SSB-SC Amplitude Modulation .
DSB/SSB-SC Amplitude Modulation & Demodulation Trainer has
been designed with a view to provide practical and experimental
knowledge of Amplitude Modulation / Demodulation technique as
practically implemented in Analog Communication system on a SINGLE
P.C.B. of size 300 x 400mm.
Object: To Study of
Amplitude Modulation & Demodulation:
# DSB-SC Amplitude Modulation & Demodulation:
- Generate AM signal by modulation with audio signal generator
- Measure modulation index of A.M. signal
- Demodulate AM signal using diode detector(envelope detector)
- Generate voice signal AM modulation and demodulation using Mic.
- Observe the effect of DC signal input on AM output
- Demodulate AM signal by square law detection
# SSB-SC Amplitude Modulation & Demodulation
- Generate DSB-SC AM signal
- Demodulate DSB-SC signal using product detector
- Generate SSB-SC AM signal
- Demodulate SSB-SC signal using product detector
Other Apparatus Required:
- The board consists of the following built-in parts:
- IC REGULATED POWER SUPPLY : ± 15 DC and +5V DC at 100mA.
- AF Modulation signal generator : Sine wave
- Frequency Range : 300 Hz to 3.4 KHz
- Amplitude : 0 to 5 Vpp.
- RF carrier signal oscillator.
- Frequency Range : 100 KHz to 1 MHz.
- Amplitude : 0 to 10 Vpp.
- Local Oscillator : 400 KHz to 500 KHz.
- Band Pass Filter : 452 KHz to 458 KHz.
- DC Source Variable power supply to see the effect of DC on the output waveform: - 5 to + 5 VDC
- Output Audio amplifier with Volume Control.
- Input Audio amplifier for modulating external signal from Mike or Tape recorder.
- Double Balanced Amplitude modulator
- Diode detector.
- Product detector
- Low pass filter.
- Power supply requirement 230V AC, 50 Hz.
- Mains ON/OFF switch, fuse and jewel light.
- Dynamic Microphone with 4mm Jack Pin.
- Loud Speaker with baffle fitted in a box with two metre wire and 2mm Banana pins for connections.
- Good Quality, reliable terminal/sockets are provided at appropriate places on panel for connections/ observation of waveforms.
supported by detailed Operating Instructions, giving details of Object,
Theory, Design Procedures, Report Suggestions and Book References
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope 20MHz