Thyristor Time Delay Relay .
Power Electronic Training Board has been designed specifically
to study the operation of SCR and TRIAC triggered by electronic time
delay circuit. This facilitates to perform the experiment to students
both the modes of operation-delayed turn on and auto turn off to control
any type of load i.e. A.C. or D.C. Practical experience on this board
carries great educative value for Science and Engineering Students.
- Study of delayed Turn-ON of D.C. load
- Study of auto Turn-OFF of D.C. load
- Study of delayed Turn-ON of TRIAC as line switch
- Study of auto Turn-OFF of TRIAC as line switch
The board consists of the following built in parts:
- 12V D.C. at 2 Amp, Power Supply internally connected
- UJT 2N 2646 used as timer
- Potentiometer for ramp control to adjust time delay
- Set of 3 Capacitors for time delay control
- Two SCRs connected in parallel coupled mode
- Commutation capacitor.
- Push button switch for starting
- TRIAC for A.C. line switch
- Lamp holder with 15 watt 230V lamp for A.C. load
- Adequate no. of other Electronic Components
- The unit is operative on 230V ±10% at 50Hz A.C. Mains
- Adequate no. of patch cords stackable 4 mm spring loaded plug length ½ metre
- Good Quality, reliable terminal/sockets are provided at appropriate places on panel for connections/observation of waveforms
supported by detailed Operating Instructions, giving details of Object,
Theory, Design procedures, Report Suggestions and Book References.
- Weight : 3 Kg. (Approx.)
- Dimension : W 340 x H 110 x D 210
- Other Apparatus Required
- Digital Multimeter 3¾ digit
- Digital Stop Clock