Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit .
Specification of Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit
small-scale multi-stage centrifugal compressor demonstration unit,
comprising of an inlet duct, the compressor, an outlet duct and an
adjustable aperture, all mounted on a stainless steel base.
- Seven stages in the compressor.
- Equipped with electronic measurement sensors for head pressure, flow rate (via orifice plate) and air temperature.
- Capable of being linked to a PC (not supplied) via a dedicated interface console (an essential accessory).
with software providing full instructions for setting up, operating,
calibrating and performing the teaching exercises. Facilities for
logging, processing and displaying data graphically.
- Full theoretical back-up together with a student questions and answers session.
Technical Details of Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit
analogue output data is digitised and transferred to a computer using
the standard USB (Universal Serial Bus). This allows any standard modern
Windows computer to be used, including notebooks, and does not require
any internal access to the computer.
- The equipment is supplied complete with a USB lead for connection to the computer.
- The interfaces to the computer using the device and the USB port of the computer.
- Also available is a software driver that allows the outputs to be read in other software programs, such as Labview