Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Unit .
Specification of Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Unit
small-scale centrifugal fan demonstration unit, comprising of an inlet
duct, the fan, an outlet duct and an adjustable aperture, all mounted on
a stainless steel base.
- Equipped with electronic measurement sensors for fan head pressure, flow rate (via orifice plate) and air temperature.
- Transparent cover plate on fan volute for visibility.
- Supplied with two different, easily interchangeable impellers.
of being linked to a PC (not supplied) via a USB interface console (an
essential accessory), which does not require internal access to the
computer. Also allows interfacing to other software packages.
with software providing full instructions for setting up, operating,
calibrating and performing the teaching exercises. Facilities for
logging, processing and displaying data graphically.
- Offers a
complete teaching package of coursework and laboratory investigation,
complete with a student questions and answers session.
Capabilities of Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Unit
of constant-speed machine performance in terms of static total
pressures, rotor speed and motor shaft power, as a function of inlet
- Measurement of fan efficiency and estimation of impeller power efficiency
- Measurement of performance at constant speeds
- Introduction to similarity laws for scale-up
- Comparison of student calculations with computer results
Technical Specification of Centrifugal Fan Demonstration Unit
- Max Flow Rate: 70 l/s typical
- Max Head: 0.7KPa
- Max fan speed 3000rpm
- Motor Power rating 550W