Extension of Springs Apparatus .
Description of Extension of Springs Apparatus
Applications of Extension of Springs Apparatus are
found in spring balances which indicate loads by measuring spring
deflections and in car suspensions where they absorb energy caused by
wheel vertical movement due to potholes and bumps. The Extension of Springs Apparatus is
designed to be mounted to a rigid vertical support approximately
1.5metres above floor level. It is used to test tension springs up to
200mm in length. The maximum spring diameter is 38mm.
Experimental Capabilities of Extension of Springs Apparatus
- To test the relationship between the load applied and the change in length of a spring
- To determine spring stiffness using measured spring data and load versus extension graphs.
- Using the optionally available spring set Extension of Springs Apparatus the dependence of spring stiffness on the wire diameter, spring diameter, length, number of turns and material can be calculated
- Comparison with theoretical estimates and manufacturers data
- Working with springs
- Creating load versus extension graphs and extracting key elements
Specification of Extension of Springs Apparatus
- Determination of spring stiffness through load/extension testing
- Wall mounted compact unit to test springs up to 200mm long and 38mm diameter
- Single coiled extension spring supplied, with looped ends
- Integral Extension scale and indicator for accurate Extension measurements
- Calibrated weights set and load hanger supplied