Flow Over Weirs .
The Flow over Weirs consists of five basic elements used in
conjunction with the flow channel in the moulded bench top of the
- A quick release connector in the base of the channel is unscrewed and a delivery nozzle screwed in its place.
stilling baffle locates into slots in the walls of the channel. The
inlet nozzle and stilling baffle in combination promote smooth flow
conditions in the channel.
- A Vernier hook and point gauge is
mounted on an instrument carrier, which is located on the side channels
of the moulded top. The carrier may be moved along the channels to the
required measurement position.
- The rectangular notch weir or
notch weir to be tested is clamped to the weir carrier in the channel
by thumb nuts. The weir plates incorporate captive studs to aid
- Self-sealing weir panels, 230x185x8mm, manufactured from PVC
- Level gauge to determine the weir head
- Thomson weir with notch 90°
- Square weir, notch w x h 60x50mm
- Weir panels made of PVC
- Square weir: width of notch 60mm
- Thomson weir: notch angle 90o
- Level gauge: Measuring range 0...200mm
- Dimensions L x W x H : 290 x 190 x 290 mm
- Weight : approx. 2 kg