Free and Forced Vortex .
- The apparatus includes a clear acrylic cylinder on a plinth developed to produce & measure free and forced vortices.
free vortex is generated by water discharging through an
interchangeable orifice in the base of the cylinder and the resulting
profile is measured using a combined caliper and depth scale.
forced vortex is induced by a paddle in the base of the cylinder which
is rotated by jets of water. The profile of the forced vortex is
determined using a series of depth gauges.
- Velocity at any point in the free or forced vortices may be measured using the appropriate pitot tube supplied.
- Dye crystals (not supplied) may be used to demonstrate secondary flow at the base of the free vortex
- Experimental set-up to study the formation of vortices in liquids, for use
- 630 x 400 x 675mm(l x w x h), 18kg
tank on powder coated base plate, complete with pipework, fittings and
connections, as well as measuring device with vertical/radial scale
- Vortex generated via outlet inserts or impeller with 3 blades
- Tank: diameter: 250 mm, height: 190 mm
- 4 outlets: diameter: 8, 12, 16, 24 mm
Other Related Teaching Lab Products, Scientific Instruments and Educational Equipments like
Free and Forced Vortex . . .
2020-21 naugra.com. All Rights Reserved.