Gear Pump Demonstration Unit .
- A small-scale gear pump demonstration unit, comprising of a
water reservoir, pump, control valve, relief valve and inter- connecting
pipework, all mounted on a stainless steel base.
- Equipped with electronic measurement sensors for pump head pressure, flow-rate and water temperature.
- Transparent pump head for visibility
- Capable of being linked to a PC (not supplied).
- Supplied with software providing full instructions for setting up, operating, calibrating and performing the teaching exercises.
are provided for logging, processing and displaying data graphically.
Full theoretical back-up is included together with a student questions
and answers session.
Capabilities of Gear Pump Demonstration Unit
- Demonstration of a gear pump in operation.
- Measurement of constant-speed pump performance, including the production of characteristic curves of outlet pressure against:
- flow rate
- motor shaft power
- pump speed
- pump efficiency
- volumetric efficiency
Comparison of student calculations with computer results.
Description of Gear Pump Demonstration Unit
motor driven gear pump, mounted on a stainless steel plinth with a
water reservoir and pipework for continuous circulation. The pump head
and the water reservoir are manufactured from clear acrylic for maximum
visibility.A manually operated valve at the pump outlet allows control
of the flow and a pressure relief valve protects the operator and the
equipment. Electronic sensors measure the pump outlet pressure, the flow
rate and the water temperature.
Technical Specification of Gear Pump Demonstration Unit
- Max flow rate: 6.5l/m typical
- Max head: 25m
- Max pump speed: 1800rpm
- Motor power rating: 250W