Ion Exchange Apparatus .
Specification of Ion Exchange Unit
- Self-contained apparatus either for single bed water softening or double bed system for demineralisation.
- Two vertical transparent tubes house the resins.
- A manifold at inlet/outlet allows flow configuration changes.
- Equipment includes pump, valves, conductivity meter and sumps for regenerant and test or wash solutions.
- Typical commercial cation and anion resins are supplied.
Description of Ion Exchange Unit
vertical transparent tubes mounted on a backboard contain the cation
and anion resins. A manifold arrangement at the inlet and outlet to the
tubes allows the flow configuration to be changed to simulate the cycles
involved in the operation of a deioniser.
- Union couplings permit the tubes to be removed from the manifolds and interchanged for softening/demineralisation experiments.
and test or wash solutions contained in separate sumps are selected by a
traversing tube and delivered to the apparatus by pump through a
control valve and flow meter. Effluent may be fed to a sump tank and
treated water collected in bottles for tests on hardness, conductivity
or dissolved solids.
- A conductivity meter connected to the
outlet of the second ion exchange bed gives a continuous indication of
the progress of demineralisation. The apparatus is supplied with typical
commercial cation and anion resins.
Technical Details of Ion Exchange Unit
- Pump: Self priming diaphragm type
- Flow Meter range: 10-80ml/min
- Sump tank capacity: 20 liters
- Anion exchange resin: 0.75 liter
- Cation exchange resin: 1litre