Large Angle Stability System .
- Apparatus designed to enable students to study ship hydrostatics and stability.
- Supply includes a water tank, a floating ship model, a dynamometer and a clinometer.
- The model supplied is a 1/70 scale model of a 28000 tonne general cargo vessel.
- It includes a number of transverse watertight bulkheads in representitive positions.
- The compartments are fitted with individual flooding valves.
- The model is constructed of glass reinforced plastic (GRP).
- Models of other ships are available as optional accessories.
- The dynamometer measures the righting moment of the model.
holds the model at any angle of heel within the range, with the model
either free to trim or with heeling axis kept horizontal.
- It exerts no vertical force on the model.
- It is floor standing, with castors and is supplied complete with counterweights.
- Battery powered clinometer measures the inclination of the model, over the range of 0 to 45 degrees.