Ships Vibrations Test Mode .
- Apparatus designed to enable students to investigate a simple model hull form for resonance phenomena.
apparatus comprises an experimental model hull, a rigid supporting
frame, a vibrator (complete with signal generator and power amplifier)
and an optional Flotation Tank.
- The experimental model is flat bottomed, wall-sided and open topped. It has an elliptical plan form.
- Length to Beam ratio 8:1
- Length to Depth ratio 12:1
- Used to demonstrate the principle phenomena associated with ship resonant vibration.
- Can be used to investigate resonance phenomena in both air and water