Thermo Electric Heat Pump Apparatus .
Specification of Thermo Electric Heat Pump
- Small-scale accessory designed to demonstrate the use of a Peltier device to transfer heat across surfaces
- Comprises a Peltier device, a heater, and a water-cooled heat exchanger
- Heat transfer rates up to 68 Watt
- Heater power, Peltier drive and cooling flow rate all fully electronically adjustable under computer control.
- Measurement of cooling water temperatures and flow to allow an overall energy balance
accessory is mounted on a PVC base plate, which is designed to stand on
a bench and connect to the heat transfer service unit without the need
Technical Details of Thermo Electric Heat Pump
thermo-electric Peltier device is positioned in a heat transfer path,
between two copper blocks, extracts heat from one block (cold reservoir)
and transfers it to the other block (hot reservoir). In order to
measure the heat transfer rate, the cold reservoir is fitted with an
electric heater, powered by the. By varying the electric power into the
system, the behaviour of the system at different operating points and
temperatures can be established.
heat extracted is transferred to the hot reservoir, together with heat
generated by the electrical supply to the peltier device. This heat is
removed by a water-cooled heat exchanger. The flow rates can be adjusted
to provide a range of operating temperatures.
Peltier device can also be used to generate a small quantity of
electric power when a temperature difference is applied. This effect can
also be demonstrated. Instrumentation is provided to measure the
temperatures of the blocks, the electric power supplied to the Peltier
device, the cooling water flow rate and the cooling water temperature
rise. The heater power is measured , and so it is possible to establish a
complete energy balance for the system