1 Kw Steam Power Plant .
Description of 1 Kw Steam Power Plant:
Steam Power Plant has been specifically designed to allow institutes of
education to study the principles and operations of an industrial steam
power plant without the large capital investment normally required. The
plant can operate as a steam boiler, turbo-gener ator or complete power
plant. Available tests include: thermal and total efficiency
consumption, boiler capacity, efficiency, heat balance, turbine power
and specific steam consumption. Mini Steam Power Plant is designed as a
comprehensive self-contained unit with all relevant items of equipment
factory mounted on a common steel bedplate. This modular construction
and assembly greatly reduces space and installation requirements. The
plant is designed to operate at pressures up to 7 bar g and is complete
with all pipework, insula-tion, electric cabling and trunking. All
services terminate on the base allowing easy installation.
Applications of 1 Kw Steam Power Plant:
- Operation of a complete power plant
- Thermal efficiencies
- Heat Balance and Energy utilization
- Power generation
- Fuel consumption
Specification of 1 Kw Steam Power Plant:
- Automatic oil fired steam boiler with a design pressure of 8.6 bar g and an output of 96 Kg/hr from and at 100ºC
- Automatic electric superheater to provide dry saturated/superheated steam, maximum rating 6 kW, 8.6 bar, 200ºC.
- Fuel oil storage tank 100 litre capacity fitted with hand transfer pumps and contents gauge.
treatment system to soften the mains water supply. Boiler water storage
tank 100 litre capacity fitted with makeup water inlet, condensate
return pipe, boiler sample cooling coil, all mounted on common frame
with the oil tank. Centrifugal boiler feed pump.
- Pneumatically operated pressure reducing valve to control the steam turbine inlet pressure.
Turbine set – single stage, single row, one nozzle type. Designed to
operate up to 4000 rpm with a steam supply pressure of 7 bar g and
producing a maximum power output of 1.5 kW. The Turbine is directly
coupled to a 1.5 kW a.c. electric dynamometer connected to the main
- Blowdown Tank to allow the safe discharge of pressurised water drains with atmospheric vent for the discharge of steam exhaust
panel with PLC for plant control and safety shutdown, together with
electronic controllers for superheat temperature and turbine inlet
pressure, all instrumentation, 10 channel safety shut down system
- Demonstration of Rankine Cycle
- All measured variables are available as independent 0- 10V signals for data logging purposes